Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully you all had a great 2009 and are looking forward to 2010. The start of the new year means getting down to the business of training. I packed up the car full of hopefully all I will need for the next two months and headed south. I celebrated the New Year with Craig Evans and friends in Nashville after 12 hours in the car. I even made it to midnight (eastern time not central) before the caffeine high wore off and I crashed. We got the new year started with a nice freezing cold run as Craig, Omar, Richard and I headed out for a loop around the neighbourhood. We are now in Dalton Georgia getting ready to ride (not race) the Snake Creek Gap MTB TT in the morning. The morning weather is supposed to be 23 degrees Fahrenheit and the creeks are said to be running extra full, oh yeah!!! Frozen feet are going to be inevitable I am afraid. From there it is going to be a week in Atlanta then on to Birmingham. Hopefully it will warm up and the trails will dry out quickly so I can get some serious miles in before having to head back to the great white north.

No comments: